maili85
view post Posted on 26/5/2012, 15:40     +1   -1

Motorsport News 23 Maggio 2012

aakLYvyb aatOUxRY aaxHfwcl
http://i.imgbox.com/aakLYvyb.jpg
http://i.imgbox.com/aatOUxRY.jpg
http://i.imgbox.com/aaxHfwcl.jpg

Return of the Iceman
Kimi Raikkonen is nicely living up to his billing as the iceman.
While he's coolnes personified on the track,he has habitually been frosty of it, with propensity to give little away if anything in interviews.
The first few minutes in his company are painful. He reclines. almost slumps. inhis
chair in the Lotus hospitality suite in the Formula One paddock. giving out short,sharp answers to the questions put to him.an one occasion just replying with a simple
shrug as if to say ‘I don't know’. He is the epitome of bored in conversation.
In his defence, such are the commitments of a racing driver that Raikkonen must do hundreds of interviews a year, answering the same banal questions on F1.
What's intriguing is that he talks about his love for F1 but it is when you move off the subject that he becomes his most animated,living up to the jovial,jokey character that
the team mechanics occasionally talk about.He proves not to be the closed book that is
often reported,happily opening up on his family life in particular.He is married to a former Miss Scandinavia, Jenni Dahlman.And the couple will celebrate their eighth wedding anniversary two days alter the Hungarian Grand Prix in July.
As yet,they have no children,making Raikkonen the only driver on the grid above the age of 30 not to be a parent. He laughs at the fact. “I don’t know if it's a good thing or a bad thing," he says‘ "I'd like to have children but maybe I'm different to other drivers.I want to have time for their future.“I could have children now but l wouldn't see them and, if I missed them growing up,that would be a bit sad really.So I think it‘s one for me future. My brother has kids and I like that,spending some time with them."As for when that might be, he indicates it will come after he is done with F1. As for when that might be.,he is unsure. “I don't even know what I'll do next year.“ he says.
That's despite the fact his Lotus contract runs until the end of 2013. "Of course,I have
a contract but this is F1 so you never know“. Externally, at least, Raikkonen appears to be enjoying F1 more the second time around.
In his final season at Ferrari in 2009,he cut a rather disconsolate figure,seeming to have fallen out of love with the Italian Team-the feeling appeared mutual,of his return to the sport with Lotus,he says:"It's a different team. It's quite relaxed and nice,there's good people and it's nice to be with it."
But despite walking away from the sport two years after getting dropped by Ferrari after 2009, he insists he never fell out of love with F1.
"I've always enjoyed F1," he says :“In my first season and my last year.
I just don't enjoy the things around it.The racing for me is the main thing and I don't care about the other stuff.That's not part of who I am,it's not part of what I enjoy.So I got fed up doing that and needed a break.For some people,F1 it's their life.That's not for me.I want other things".
On of the other things Raikkonen wanted to do was rallying,and he spent the last two years driving a Citroen in the World Rally Championship,but now that he's back in F1,the rallying career is on hold.He has a stipulation in his Lotus contract stating that he cannot go rallying, a perhaps unsurprising move given the rally accident that sidelined the team's former driver Robert Kubica ahead of the 2011 season.
"I don‘t know whether that's in my contract because of what happened to Robert, you'll have to ask the team that,“ he says. “I'd like to do more rallying, I'd like to do Rally Finland this season [on August 2-4] if l can as it fits with the calendar."
There are aspects he misses of rallying,such as the reduced media attention.
He says he also misses the thrill and danger of the sport.
“Formula One and rallying are two completely differents ports," he says "In F1 it's
miles of the same but in rallying everything is different.Ok,you have the pace notes but you don't know for sure what's around the next corner.
There's more danger in rallying but that‘s part of the sport and it's salways been that way".
While he did not set the WRC alight, he was still competitive given his experience.
He says: “I don't think it was more difficult than I expected. I knew it was tough as I'd done some before but it‘s different at the highest level.I knew it wouldn‘t be easy of course,I wanted to do better.But I'm not finished.I want to go back,whether for my career or after I don't know."Raikkonen was only ever keen to return toF1 if he had a competitive car at his disposal.The move to Lotus seemed a bit of a gamble
on his part. The team had shown some reasonable pace in 2011 but had lost some key personnel.The32-year-old, though, was happy to take the punt and found early on that he knew the team would be competitive.“They had a good car last year and they didn't seem like they were going backwards from it." he says. “'l‘hecart‘ort.hisyearwas
good, a good base straight away. From there you can build,be more competitive."
Raikkonen finished a brilliant second ahead of teammate Romain Grosjean at the Bahrain Grand Prix but rather than celebrate the result, he apologised on the radio to the team not long after the finish for failing to get past winner Sebastian Vettel.“Second was a good result for the team but we race to win and we got close to the win."
says Raikkonen,who added a third place in the recent Spanish Grand Prix. “ It would
have been better if we'd came second by 20 seconds than get so close. So that's more
disappointing. But we're trying to improve and trying to win.“
Long-term the ambition remains to add to his 2007 title win. But he says simply: “There
are many cars and many teams.We just go race by race.“
Raikkonen has got himself back up to speed in his F1 return much faster than Michael Schumacher did.The Finn says it took a mere day of winter testing to feel
100 per cent at ease in the car. He refuses to draw parallels with Schumacher. “People
compare that with us both coming back but the only thing that‘s similar is that we both
want a good car that goes faster."
Life after F1 ought to provide Raikkonen with a myriad of opportunities. Having
achieved the dreams of his youth already he insists he has no more. ‘‘I have no dreams
he says. ‘'I think one day I'd maybe like to do Le Mans but it's not like it's a dream,not like I'm passionate about it.“
You get the impression that once he stops driving Raikkonen will be quite happy simply to leave the world of F1 behind.Not that he lacks friends in the paddock.
He enjoys a good relationship with fellow Finn Heikki Kovalainen and double world
champion Sebastian Vettel.Of Vettel he says: “We used to speak in his first few races
and ever since that we speak a lot.I feel very comfortable in his company."
Vettel, of course,caused a stir when he did a fine impression of Raikkonen at last
year's Autosport Awards.When asked about it,the finn says: “I don't know whether it was good or not.I think people laughed so it must be ok."
Five races into his return, Raikkonen seems happy in F1 but it remains to be seen
whether the side to F1 off the track will once again drive him away from the sport.
He has grown up since his last stint in the sport and insists there will no longer be clips
of him such as the Youtube one of him drunkenly landing on his head on a boat.
Looking back at such moments. he says:“When I was younger it was exciting so maybe it was more painful in the past. Now I know where to go and where not to go. You can easily put yourself in a position that‘s not good."
As things stand currently,Raikkonen once again finds himself in a good position. Now it's time to deliver the results.

Don't steal it and don't post on Facebook

giu111
view post Posted on 26/5/2012, 15:54     +1   -1

otto anni di matrimonio passati sempre insieme..........ok troppo cattiva??????

cmq ci credo che si annoia fanno sempre le stesse domande.........

maili85
view post Posted on 26/5/2012, 15:59     +1   -1

No non lo sei tranquilla :lol:

PS scusate se scrivo gli articoli usando un carattere così piccolo,lo faccio solo quando le interviste sono lunghe,altrimenti verrebbe un post lunghissimo ;).

view post Posted on 26/5/2012, 22:19     +1   -1

Nuovo

Group:
Memorial 2

Maili va benissimo io sono una di quelle che deve fare le traduzioni con il traduttore e te ne sono veramente grata

maili85
view post Posted on 1/6/2012, 18:03     +1   -1

Ma di che figurati Lory :D

4 replies since 26/5/2012, 15:40   105 views