Kimi Räikkönen

Jazy (English version)

« Older   Newer »
.:Naki:.
view post Posted on 8/12/2010, 22:33     +1   -1

Chapter 1 "we need to leave..."

I still remember ... it was February 17th 1995 I was fifteen and in those years was still living in the United States, in a city called New York. I came home from school when I found my father and my mother waiting for me in the kitchen, my mother usually did not return home before 7 pm and dad well ... if he was there to smoke a cigar (something that never happens except when ...)... something strange had happened, I knew what they wanted from me, a typical family background to the small for Jazy announce the new destination. Eventually mom takes courage and says "sit jasmine," mmmm well it's getting serious, and continues, "darling know that you love this city ... and us ... but Dad had a job in another country ... ah well I felt relieved ... it was not just a change of city status! But I did not understand the situation ... "but why do you make that face? Have not we go to Alaska? We move from some nearby country ... "I already imagined the house in one of those districts all order and peace ... even when mom did not give me time to think about the icing on the cake .. . just in time to avoid leaving a pup for road, dry and direct "Jazy go to europe!" I still can not understand how a sentence might make you fall on the world, and that was only the first of many. My father used to travel to work for an international organization so the trips were on the agenda. At fifteen years I have lived in Canada, Brazil, Indiana, California ... and not counting the several months spent in Japan but ... I've never lived in Europe and the few times I went there FOR winter vacation to find my grandparents ... well I never liked. Still in shock, my mother shoot ... "but do not worry you will not have language problems and not to settle! Let's go to Finland! "ah ... well I'll share a cabin in the cold and frost with Santa Claus not to forget the grandparent.I liked the United States and did not want to leave, I was angry but I had no choice. .. I had to leave.
The next day I went to school very sad in the heart and with tears I told my friends that I would be leave for Finland March 10, they could not believe it, so do I. The weeks that followed that terrible news went as fast as the underground of my beloved New York, in a flash!
The house was full of boxes ,cases and bags ... and not all of us, too much to leave too many memories that I could carry with me in the damn country! "Jazy long trip you can not take everything!" what hate! I was leaving my beloved country and I could not even carry the memories that bound me to him? Left the country I left my home I left my friends my Yorky (as I call it!) And inevitably I left there a little 'of myself .
March 10, the day of "Paturnie" as said by the great Audrey in Breakfast at Tiffany's, only I knew what I was afraid ... I did not take that flight! Having a real scared! I got up (in a bad mood of course) and I find my best friend Lizzy waiting in the living room (what was left of it) with hot chocolate, plum cake (our favorite cake) Well I was not sure helped , I felt a strange feeling after I got the feeling that preceded the tears never cried in my life, I could not, for me it was like a weakness, and even in that moment when I wanted to cry with rain could not do so.
"why do you make that face? Jazy go to live in Europe!it is beautiful "
"Lizzy is not going to live in Paris but ..."( with reindeer and elves in expanses of snow ..)
"Jazy you're so pessimistic! Instead of being happy! If I had to go to France you should learn the language, the city, people ...but in Finland you already know everything! "
"You know how nice! That horrible language ... just thinking that I am a headache! "
"well Jazy so far as I know you've trained well with your grandmother! "
"Lizzy I'll miss you know it?"
“Yeah ... you too! "
I got into the car without looking back ... I closed my eyes and found myself at the airport.
Tin tin "the gentlemen are expected to board the flight 172 leaving 17" while making my last few steps in my country I thought of all that time spent in my beloved Yorky, I did not know what to expect here in Finland, indeed I knew too well cold frost and solitude.I still did not know the error of my calculations.

0 replies since 8/12/2010, 22:33   41 views